January 24, 2010

A Moogle Kupo d'Etat

One of the new experiments Square-Enix launched in 2009 was the release of three "add-on scenarios". Each one provides a compact story which offers a unique reward with customizable augments.

While released as the second of the three, the first one I've been able to complete is A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses. While certainly nothing as epic as the true expansions, these missions feature a light-hearted take on our sometimes overlooked mog house pals.

This video includes all the missions from the mini-expansion, including:

  • Drenched! It Began with a Raindrop
  • Hasten! In a Jam in Jeuno?
  • Welcome! To My Decrepit Domicile
  • Curses! A Horrifically Harrowing Hex
  • An Errand! The Professor's Price
  • Shock! Arrant Abuse of Authority
  • Lender Beware! Read the Fine Print
  • Rescue! A Moogle's Labor of Love
  • Roar! A Cat Burglar Bares Her Fangs
  • Relief! A Triumphant Return
  • Joy! Summoned to a Fabulous Fete
  • A Challenge! You Could Be a Winner
  • Smash! A Malevolent Menace

 

A note about this video: this is my first using the new hardware and software. I'm still trying to find the best balance between quality and file-size, so I'm especially interested in feedback along these lines.

Also, FYI, I haven't been able to finish the other two add-ons yet, so I don't know when I'll be able to post those.

9 comments:

Andrew said...

Well this is a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting the mini expansions for a while.

irreversibly said...

Yeah, a surprise indeed, a very pleasant one. :) As always, thank you for your hard work.

Unknown said...

Nice Surprise! Will you Continue WOTG though? :)

Since you bought Core i7 i HIGHLY recommend Sony Vegas Platinum Pro 9 (Cost less than 100$ Online)

Crystal Clear 1280x720p HD Videos like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7BAelqlxwI
Takes only 150-200MB per 10min~ (I know Because i made the video)

Producing 1hour Video in HD with similar Quality would take around 1GB only !

If you decided to try the trial just be sure to disable Smart resampling for better Results

Ava said...

Yay~!

lawtechguy said...

"Will you Continue WOTG though?"
Yes, of course! I'm in the process of recording main missions 8-15; got all the ones from Sandy[S] which is like half of them right there. Should have another video up in a week or two.

I will check out the demo of Vegas, but as I already went ahead and spent the $100 on TMPGenc, idk if I really want to spend another 100.

The Uncharted2 vid is totally awesome and makes me want to go out and finally get a PS3! I'm actually hoping to get a Hauppage HD PVR w/ my tax return money because I may start making vids of other SE console games.

Anonymous said...

Is this project is dead? because many WOTG cutscenes are not available
You done more than awesome so far so thank you :)

lawtechguy said...

See last month's comment to the "Videos now on Veoh" post. It's dead for now because of other things going on in my life and a lack of desire to do anything FFXI or MMORPG related, but I haven't fully decided if I'll come back to it sometime down the road or not.

taruts said...

lawtechguy, please don't give up! ='(

You are doing FFXI fans and otherwise a HUGE service by chronicling these cutscenes! Without them how would we ever remember our experiences in the future? Unlike video cutscenes from other games where you may be able to save the files themselves, in FFXI (as far as I am aware) you cannot!

Please continue this project!! orz

Andrew said...

Take however much time you need, but I implore you to finish the project eventually.

You've come so far already, with just the rest of WotG and 2 more mini expansions left before you've single handedly chronicled the entirety of FFXI's significant story.

Hopefully we'll see more updates in the future.